Thursday, May 11, 2006


Overworked

The first step to overcoming addiction is "acceptance". So here goes - "Hi, my name is Nadia and I am a workoholic". Last night I was working away - barefoot and oblivious to the lateness of the hour. Finally I reached my breaking point at 2 am and trudged out of the office. As I waited outside to hail a cab, a "latino-lover"-looking guy steps out of the building and decides to try a pick-up line on me (that too in Spanish). All I had to offer at that hour was a cold, don't-mess-with-me look, which didn't seem to thwart his advances...... There's a time and place for everything but I don't expect people to have "common sense" anymore.

Reached home and had a HUGE meal at 2:30 am...... Life is great :-)

If you are a workoholic and want to "reclaim your life, health, family and sanity" visit the Work to Live website. You can also bond with other workoholics on your road to recovery by joining Workoholics Anonymous. Apparently, "workoholism" is a form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

No comments: